Tuesday 17 April 2018

Axonometric Drawings






Here are seven axonometric sketches that I have attempted in my journal. Initially, I found this task quite difficult, trying to imagine the opposite view of the rectangular prisms I had drawn in the upper half of the page. This can be seen in the top image, where my lower drawing overlapped onto another page. However it became a fun challenge in spatial awareness, and I improved through the subsequent sketches. My hatching technique started off quite rough and inaccurate, however it became more refined in later sketches. With more practise, I think my axonometric sketches will become cleaner and more accurate.

                                
I eventually figured out how to get Lumion to co-operate with my PC, and had a quick play around with the material tools after importing my sketch-up model.  These models are based on the fourth and sixth sketchbook images.

-Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment