Friday 23 March 2018

Model Development

 The top image shows a model I began developing in week 2. I had the basis that the Revival Cycles showroom would be below the datum, with a wheel motif hanging over a cliff that I would later develop. I wanted the studio for CJ Hendry to look like a 3D frame, as seen by the large framed glass window.


However, a trip to Panama provided me with a new form of inspiration, seen in Gehry's Biomuseo. I brought back some pictures to show Troy, my tutor, who was able to provide me with the tools and information necessary to develop something similar in sketch-up. The initial shape was created, as shown in the second picture. From here, I was able to create the upper showroom for CJ Hendry. One half down; I just needed to build the second half of the model now.

-Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment